Thursday, January 24, 2013

ISLANDER NEWS GUEST COMMENTARY JAN 17th


Please read my guest commentary published on January 17th 2013. I make a plege to all parties voting in this ballot, I explain the ramifications if the parents and teachers fail realize that our Village and Miami-Dade County Public schools are in agreement that to reduce overcrowding at K8, expected to be over 1560 students by the time MAST is complete in 2016, our school will be reduced to a K5 elementary as it was before incorporation. An overcrowded K5 that is unsafe and below flood citeria for a barrier island. It has "exceeded its useful life" as 2008 Castaldi Engineering study hired by the District showed and concluded renovation is a total waste of taxpayer money. In 2009, I began my advocacy for a new school before the Village Council. 

My Regards . Ó

No comments:

Post a Comment